Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Who did Obama Beat out for the Nobel Peace Prize?

I should note that the following candidates are just a small handful out of the 200 or so proposed candidates that Obama beat out....there were SO many that actually DID something that, in my humble opinion, could/should have won this prestigious award...If any of you know of other candidates, not listed here, that you feel deserve recognition, feel free to comment about them on here. :-)

And a few of these candidates are as follows:

Chinese Human Rights Activist Hu Jia – imprisoned for campaigning for human rights in the PRC.

Denis Mukwege: Doctor dedicated to helping rape victims

Wei Jingsheng, who spent 17 years in Chinese prisons for urging reforms of China’s communist system.(Not to mention the symbolic value of awarding a Chinese dissident on the 20th Anniversary of the Tianenmen Square Massacre.)

Greg Mortenson, founder of the Central Asia Institute has built nearly 80 schools, especially for girls, in remote areas of northern Pakistan and Afghanistan over the past 15 years.

Prince Ghazi bin Muhammad, a philosophy professor in Jordan who risks his life by advocating interfaith dialogue between Jews and Muslims.

Afghan human rights activist Sima Samar. She currently leads the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission and serves as the U.N. special envoy to Darfur.

Piedad Córdoba: Colombia's 'woman of peace'

Now, I know there are those out there that are happy that Obama won this award and have voiced their opinions in his favor. I have no issues against whomever feels positive about Obama. Good for them and enough said. Well, it's America and I've a right to voice my opnions and thoughts, no matter what, if it's liked or not. I don't push my views on others, so, if you don't like what I have said, hop on off my blog, dear. :-) But I do say, in upmost respect, that I do not agree with Obama winning this award. I am not going to lower myself to a scum level and call him names and stuff. I just don't believe he has done anything worth winning this award. That said, have a good one, yall! God bless...

0 comments: