Saturday, September 12, 2009

And Part Three...The Animal Control

Well, we thought it was all over, at least, we thought there was no more that would happen after the encounter with the crazy neighbor who loves our dog just a little too much. After her threats and snide remarks, we thought there would be nothing more to it. Gone were my worries that our dog would be stolen since we padlocked our backyard fence and put in the invisible fence to keep our dog from coming up to the fence to anyone that should come up to it to bother her...well, looks like we were wrong. Apparently crazy old ladies take offense when their neighbors suddenly padlock them out from being able to come in to pet on their dog. I guess we crossed the line with her when we put in that invisible fence and prevented her from being able to pet on our dog. I guess she decided to take revenge on us. The spiteful old bat. Yesterday, while on my lunch break, I heard a knock on the front door. Before I reach the door, I could see out the window and I saw, parked in front of our house, an animal control truck. I immediately knew what was happening. I was not worried on bit. However, I was a bit shaken that our neighbor actually lowered herself so low as to call them out here to, I guess, TRY to stir up trouble. I know our pets are well taken care of, so I wasn't worried one bit that they might be taken away. I was just ticked beyond anything that this was actually happening. In the recent past, Hubby and I playfully joked around that our neighbor would call the animal control on us, as she subtly threatened to do to us not long ago, so she could have our dog. We didn't think she would actually do it. We were actually more worried that she would somehow steal our dog, which is one of the other reasons why we invested in the invisible fence. It would be a lot more difficult to climb our backyard fence and carry/hoist a 50 pound dog over it, while the dog would be hollering loudly because it's collar would be going off while outside the fence limits. Not to mention our dog is micro chipped and we can track her. So, with those worries set aside, we managed to put this crazy lady in back of our minds and relax some.... Until yesterday....
So, anyways, there's the knock on the door; the animal control vehicle parked in front and I answer the door. I cheerfully smile and warmly greet the animal control officer. I immediately invite her in and ask what's going on. SHe says, they recieved a phone call about our dogs that they needed to come check on them. Plural.....DogS... So, someone who knows we also have a strictly indoor dog...Hmmmmmm...a red flag pops up in my mind on just who exactly would call on us. Now, WHY would someone call the animal control to check on animals? Well, normally, it would have to do with abuse and neglect. So, anyone who is going to take the time to call the animal control, had better have good reason, other than waste their time for reasons of jealously and spite. Clearly, my hubby and I are not in the abuse neglect category in animal care and I was ready to show this kind officer lady just that. I waste no time and I introduce her to both dogs and both cats. I bring her out back and show her the dog house and invisible fence we installed a few weeks ago. The officer comments that she likes our invisible fence and that it's a good idea. She also commented on how healthy and happy all our animals are and she then says, "I just don't know why she would call..." I said, "Oh, so it's a woman that called?" And the officer replies, "Well, I'm not at liberty to say. It's anonomous..." I say, "Well, I have a pretty good idea who would call ya'll and why." She looks at me and says, "Well, apparently, it's a HUGE misunderstanding..." I said, "Nope, it's not a misunderstanding. I believe it's the neighbor lady right over there" and I'm pointing at the crazy old hag's house right across the backyard fence, "who's been harrassing us for our dog. She tried to trade her own dog for ours and we refused and then she had the bolts to come over to our house one morning and threaten us by calling ya'll, if we didn't give her our dog or give our dog to her grown Daughter." She looks at me in shock and then smiles says, "Wow....well, I still can't say who it is, but it sounds like ya'll have a problem on your hands..." I say, "Well, apparently, it wasn't a threat when she implied about calling ya'll. She definitely called ya'll. I apologize for the inconvenience our neighbor has caused you guys." The officer shakes her head and says, "Well, there's no reason for me to be here and we've got nothing on ya'll, so you just keep doing what your doing. I'm going to go ahead and head on then." I walk her back through our house and to the front door and say good day. On the one hand, it was a nice confirmation that we were doing a good job with our dogs and have nothing to be concerned about should that crazy old bat try to call in the animal control on us again. And maybe the animal control won't take her seriously, should she call them again...On the other hand, I'm ticked that we were inconvenienced with this visit, my Daughter was scared when the officer showed up, wanting to see our pets and I can't help but think what in the world are the neighbor's thinking, if they saw this animal control vehicle parked in front of my home??? Every fiber of my body wants to run right on over next door and bang on this witch's door and yell at her...but I won't. I have discussed this with my friends, a couple other family members and my hubby. All have different ideas and suggestions on how to handle the situation. I want to go over there with my hubby and talk to the husband to see if he's aware of his insane wife's actions....my husband has different ideas, as in, doing NOTHING. Another friend of mine thinks we should not say a thing to them. I can see where both my friend and hubby are coming from and understand that if we didn't do anything, then maybe the neighbor lady would be dissapointed to see that we are not so angry and bothered enough to go over there and yell at her, as well at the dissapointing fact to the witch that our dog is still in our back yard and not going anywhere.I'm sure when she calls to follow up with the animal control on their visit to my home, they will tell her what a waste it was for them to stop over here, well maybe not in those exact words, but I'm thinking it would be along those lines...I have no clue now what to do about this mean old lady. It really is up to my husband since it is his dog, but it was ME that had to deal with the animal control...I guess we will prolly end up not saying a word to them. Oh and up until this point, I was letting our Daughter continue her friendship with this lady...NOT anymore. If this lady pulls ONE MORE stunt on us...she will be getting served papers...she is already past the line of harrassment....

0 comments: